- High Concept: Pelagian Champion
- Trouble: Pelagian Virtues
- Gallant Warrior
- Hope is a Shield
- Athletics: Fair (+2)
- Awareness: Fair (+2)
- Eloquence: Good (+3)
- Empathy: Great (+4)
- Fighting: Good (+3)
- Horsemanship: Average (+1)
- Leadership: Fair (+2)
- Negotiation: Average (+1)
- Patronage: Average (+1)
- Wildcraft: Average (+1)
- Will: Fair (+2)
- Confessor (Empathy): Once per session Ualcaved can reduce someone else’s mental consequence by one level of severity (severe to moderate, moderate to minor, minor to nothing at all) by succeeding on an Empathy roll with a difficulty of Fair (+2) for a minor consequence, Good (+3) for moderate, or Great (+4) for severe. He needs to be able to listen to the person he’s helping for at least half an hour in order for them to receive the benefits of this stunt, and he can’t use it on himself.
- Warrior Vigor (Will): Once per session Ualcaved can choose to ignore a mild or moderate consequence for the duration of the scene. It can’t be compelled against him and can’t be invoked by his enemies. At the end of the scene it comes back worse, though; if it’s a mild consequence it becomes a moderate consequence. If it was already moderate, it becomes severe.
High Concept: Pelagian Champion
Though the son of the pagan King Lot, Ualcaved is a Christian; specifically, a Pelagian. He shares the same ideals espoused by Aulus Hectorius and Quintus Badiovirus, that God creates all people equal, and what we do matters. He believes in “the precepts of the martyrs,” and that the call of Christian justice is antithetical to the state.
Trouble: Pelagian Virtues
Ualcaved tries to live by the four cardinal virtues espoused by the ancient Stoic philosophers: wisdom, courage, justice, and temperance. As a Pelagian, he also feels that with strength and power comes a moral obligation to defend the weak and the powerless. This causes Ualcaved no small amount of trouble, as he always has one injustice or another he feels he must face.
Ualcaved has shown great bravery and gallantry, most recently in battle against the Picts at Traprain Law.
Hope is a Shield
Hope means a great deal to Ualcaved. He hopes to see a better world, born from people with high ideals and the strength to pursue them. He sees his hope as a shield that protects him from all the evils of the world that would drag him into the pit of despair.
Ualcaved’s older brother Lugh Striking-Hand normally plays the role of the peacemaker in the family, but with him gone for the past year, Ualcaved has had to step up into that role.
Image by José Daniel Cabrera Peña.